Monday, February 11, 2008

Feb. 11th

This week has been very interesting working with the technology affordances. I chose powerpoint vs. posters/transparencies because those were the things I was most familiar with. I was very interested in reading about the computer tutorials and the wiki pages. I feel like I am learning a little from this class, but maybe not doing the right things to get the most out of it. I have had a lot of trouble navigating through blackboard I feel like I am constantly clicking and redirecting myself trying to keep up with what is going on. I also get confused about the assignements. I think I have been doing ok to get them done, but I feel like I could be doing a lot better, and getting a lot more from this class I just don't know how to do that. I also feel like this class would be much more beneficial for me if I were actually in a school. Right now I am working with babies and we don't have much access to technology so it is hard for me to relate to many of the assignments.

1 comment:

Tina said...

Kathryn, I do believe that on line courses are more difficult. Especially ones dealing with so much new information.No matter how expert any of us are with technology, it is a never ending battle with new information. New technology is evolving constantly. New ways to use technology into the classroom are limitless. However I do think the technology textbook is beneficial. If you have questions or concerns ask. Someone should be able to assist you. There are many people in this class who could assist you. I have learned a long time ago that if you have a questions just ask. Tina